A museum dedicated to the Lisbon urban music, from its historical quarters, the Fado Museum celebrates the exceptional value of Fado as a symbol of the city, its deep roots in the tradition and cultural history of the country. Here, one discovers the universe of this recognised Intangible Heritage of Humanity.
Its permanent exhibition is an invitation to discover the history of Fado, its origins in 19th century Lisbon, its dissemination through vaudeville, radio, recordings, cinema, its great interpreters and instrumentalists. You can also see regular temporary exhibitions related to the universe of fado and the Portuguese guitar.
Tuesday to Sunday, from 10am to 6pm
(last admissions: 5:30pm)
Closed on 1st of January, 1st of May and 25th of December.
Normal Ticket: 5 €
From 13 to 25 years old.: 2,50 €
Over 65 years old: 4,30 €
People with disabilities + free escort: 4,30 €
Lisbon Card holders: 4 €
Children with Lisboa Card: 2 €
Carristour ticket holders: 3,50€
· Children up to 12 years old;
· Residents of the Municipality of Lisbon: From 13 to 23 and over 65 years old;
· Other Lisbon residents: Sundays and holidays until 2 pm;
· Working Tourism Professionals;
· Accredited Researchers and Professors;
· APOM e ICOM partners;
· International Museum Day
· Wheelchair access;
· Two manually operated wheelchairs to loan for free;
· Audioguide in Portuguese, English, French and Spanish.
. Audioguide for children in Portuguese, English, French and Spanish.
For all reductions and exemptions, it is necessary to provide supporting documents. Ticket valid for 90 days.